CAI M70AB2 clone with the underflowing stock folded and Romanian/Yugoslavian type AKM Bayonet
The Century M70AB2 is a U.S. made AK assembled from U.S. parts and a Yugoslavian military under folder parts set. Some of these parts sets are from guns that have actually seen action in the Yugoslavian Civil War. The Yugoslavian M70AB2 has several differences from the standard AKMS:
- The Receiver is based on the RPK machine gun and is thicker, at 1.6mm, and has reinforcements (distinctive bulges) at the trunnion.
- The Gas block has a grenade launching sight that also acts as a gas cut-off, when raised.
- The compensator/muzzle brake can be replaced with a NATO standard grenade launcher
- The pistol grip is wider and has thin ribs instead of checkering
- The wood forearms are made of teak wood and have a distinctive profile
- The barrel is not chrome lined, because Yugoslavia was always short in chromium.
- The Yugoslavian (now Croatian & Serbian) made magazines have a follower that holds the bolt open after the last round is fired.
Century got all the details correct on this gun and it is a near exact copy of a Zastava made M70AB2 for the Yugoslavian military. In fact this gun is a more exact copy than the Yugoslavian AKs that were imported prior to 1989 because those had several detail features removed or changed for importation. The finish is a bit rough but accurate for a Yugoslavian military rifle. Some examples even had graffiti carved in the hand guards by the former users of the rifles.
Version - CAI (Century Arms International) M70AB2.
Caliber - 7.62x39mm.
Receiver - Stamped Steel with correct trunnion reinforcements and 1.6mm thickness. Receiver made by Nodak Spud in Edina, MN.
Action - Gas Operated Long Stroke Piston.
Barrel - 16.3”.
Overall Length - 36.2” Extended and 25.8” Folded.
Weight - 7.9 lbs.
Hand Guards - Teak wood with correct distinctive Yugoslavian profile and grenade launching sight.
Pistol Grip - Black Plastic with correct distinctive Yugoslavian profile and grip ribs.
Folding Stock - Underflowing steel with correct dimples and rivets.
Magazines - 30 rd detachable box with bolt hold open. (Can also use standard AK magazines).
Sights - Notched Ladder and Post.
Bayonet - 5.75” Blade.
Muzzle Device - Slant Compensator with ability to attach a NATO Standard grenade launcher.
M70AB2 clone showing the underflowing stock extended
© RADARMS.net 2011 - 2020