Beretta M9A1 with the Safety Off and Vertec Grip and Panels.
The M9A3 is an improved version of the Beretta M9A1, developed in an attempt to keep the U.S. Military from adopting an entirely new sidearm. There are several improvements over the standard M9/M9A1 including:
- 92 Vertec style frame anodized in a ligt silver color.
- Thin composite grip panels to fit a wider range of hand sizes.
- Wrap around grip panel included to match size of original M9.
- M1913 accessory rail for attaching tactical lights and lasers (also on M9A1).
- Extra checkering on the front and back straps (also on M9A1).
- Re-profiled trigger-guard.
- Beveled magazine well.
- Extended Magazine Release.
- Barrel anodized in light silver color to match frame.
- Barrel threaded and including thread protector, to facilitate attachment of a suppressor
- Tritium Night Sights in dovetailed mounts to facilitate changing of sights.
- Sights raised 3/16” higher than normal, to facilitate suppressor use.
- Specially coated 17rd sand resistant magazines with Flat Dark Earth Bumpers.
This was not adopted by the U.S. Military. It is currently being sold to the civilian market and is being actively marketed to military and police units around the world.
Version - Beretta M9A1
Caliber - 9 x 19mm Parabellum
Frame - Alloy with M1913 Rail for weapon light mounting and anodized in a light silver color.
Slide - Steel in a FDE (Flat Dark Earth Finish).
Action - Double/Single Action, Locking Block.
Grips - Plastic.
Barrel - 5.2” Threaded with Thread Protector.
Overall Length - 8.5”.
Weight - 2.09 lbs unloaded.
Magazines - 17 rd sand resistant detachable box, but any standard beretta M9 or 92 series magazine will work.
Sights - 3 Dot Tritium high profile suppressor friendly notch and blade.
Beretta M9A3 with Safety Off and Steiner SBAL-PL Light/Laser mounted on Picatinny Rail.
Beretta: 92FS (Civilian M9), Top; M9A1 with Insight M6 Weapon Light/Laser, Middle; and M9A3 with Surefire X300U Weapon Light, Bottom.
© RADARMS.net 2011 - 2020